Children’s Ministry Director/Part Time
1. Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Be a Partner in good standing.
3. A desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To ignite a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ and to equip the kids for the spiritual battle they are in. Encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children. Promote Scripture memorizing, prayer, and personal Bible reading as well as provide opportunities for ministry leadership, outreach to the community, and connection to mission field. To teach a Bible based curriculum and encourage a Biblical based life style among the children.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Responsible to Senior Pastor. The position will be evaluated every 6 months.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for the oversight and leadership (as well as some hands-on teaching) of the Children’s ministries that include: Children’s Church, Special Events, Vacation Bible School.
2. Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new children’s ministry volunteers.
3. Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
4. Maintain ministry’s section on website.
5. Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Endorse and support the local church and her mission.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community