The Awakening Church is currently seeking a part-time worship leader to lead and oversee our contemporary worship services. This position will require someone who is fluent on a musical instrument (preferably guitar/keyboard) as well as vocally. This leader will organize, recruit and inspire our worship team and work in collaboration with pastoral staff. See job description below for more information:
Job title: Worship Pastor
Reporting to: Senior Pastor
Purpose of the position
The primary responsibilities of the part time worship leader will be to lead and grow the music worship ministry at The Awakening Church (TAC).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Continue to grow and mature as a godly person of integrity. Pursue being a Christ follower so that he/she can model and mentor what that is to those around him/her.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for TAC in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of TAC. Grow the music worship ministry by adding new team members.
3. Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead well-planned and engaging Sunday worship services. This includes leading the Sunday worship service and overseeing the worship teams (vocals and instrumentals). Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Senior Pastor to coordinate the music for Sunday services.
4. Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with a guitar and/or keyboard.
5. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
6. If available, attend staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
7. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
9. Either currently is a partner or will become a partner of TAC upon hiring.
10. It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 15 to 20 hours per week.
Don’t forget to send a video to us after your submission, the information will be in your email from completing the form below.
Thanks and we hope to have you as a part of the Awakening Staff soon!